What makes our “Powerlifting Level 1” course unique?
- The “Powerlifting Level 1” course is unique in its self, as it’s the only DSW Education & Reps accredited “Powerlifting” Course in the UK, which is exclusive to DSW Education. Our course is also accredited by BDFPA (British Drug Free Powerlifting Association)
What will you learn?
- The history of “Powerlifting and an in depth overview on how to perform and teach the “Powerlifts”. In addition you will learn how to develop a Powerlifting Program.
- History & Development of powerlifting
- How to perform and teach the lifts
- How to identify which style of lifts suit which type of lifter – Anthropometrics for Powerlifting
- Conventional Squats
- Sumo Squats
- Bench Press
- Conventional Deadlift
- Sumo Deadlift
- Core Drills
- Unilateral Drills & Injury Prevention
- Assistance lifts for Squatting
- Olympic Squats
- Front Squats
- Dead Squats
- Box Squats
- Pause Squats
- Partial Squats
- Leg Press
- Assistance lifts for Bench Press
- Close Grip Bench Press
- Floor Press
- Partial Bench Press
- Dumbell Press
- Pause Bench Press
- Military Press
- One Arm Overhead Press
- Assistance lifts for Deadlifts
- Snatch Grip Deadlift
- Clean Grip Olympic Deadlift
- Deficit Deadlift
- Halt Deadlift
- Hack Squats
- Trap Bar Deadlift
- Partial Deadlifts (Rack Pulls)
- Competition Day
- Program Design for Powerlifting
- Case study
“Powerlifting Level 1” Course Duration:
- Two day intensive, practical & theory based course over 16 hours duration.
- 16 hours practical course, including practical assessment on the subject area and a case study assignment to be completed within 4 weeks.
- Experienced Reps Level 2 Gym Instructors
- Level 3 Advanced Personal Trainer’s
- Level 4 Exercise Specialist
- Sports coaches
- Strength & Conditioning Coaches
- Crossfit Coaches
- Police force PT’s
- Fire department PT’s
- Military PTI’s
Certification & CPD points
- A DSW Education certificate will be issued, upon successful completion of the practical and theory assessment.
- 16 CPD points – to help meet your continual professional development requirements.
- BDFPA – British Drug Free Powerlifting Association Accreditation – Military Only
The “Powerlifting Level 1” Course Cost
- New Customer £325.00
- Existing Customer £299.00
“Powerlifting” Course Benefits
- Each student will receive an in depth colour manual covering the “Powerlifts”
- Each student will understand the history of the “Powerlifts”
- Students will learn how to perform and teach the “Powerlifts”
- Students will understand how to devise a Powerlifting program.
- Achieve DSW Education “Powerlifting Level 1”coach certificate.
- Support & Guidance from DSW Education on your future CPD.
- Opportunity to become a member of the DSW Education National Coaching Team (Pending successful completion of the course and an interview with the DSW Education Management Team.)
Continual Professional Development with DSW Education.
- Automatic discount on all of DSW Education’s course solutions.