What makes our course unique compared to other providers
- Our Level 3 Strength and Conditioning course, is the most advanced S&C CPD course in the UK. Our postural analysis section has been developed by a registered Sports Osteopath who works with elite athletes and sports teams. Our Body composition and Performance testing sections, along with our Periodisation and Advanced Strength training sections have been developed by Sam Dovey, an S&C Coach & Level 4 Weightlifting Coach with 17 years experience. He has trained athletes and lifters from regional to elite level. All of the areas taught are not currently covered on any other courses in the UK and the content is based on 17 years of practice based researched with thousands of athletes, at referenced journals.
- Our course is DSW Education and REPS Accredited.
What will you learn
- Postural assessments & Stretching, Body composition analysis and Performance testing, Advanced Periodisation and Advanced Strength Training Techniques.
Postural assessments & stretching
- How to assess incorrect posture.
- Identifying Mal-alignment of the spine and peripheral joints.
- Identification of muscle chains and the application to correct lifting techniques
- Muscle testing for specific lower limb
- Overview and explanation of static, dynamic and PNF stretching techniques.
Body composition analysis & Performance testing
- Body Composition analysis
- Power application testing
- Power testing
- Muscle Fibre Testing
- Strength testing
- Anaerobic testing
Periodisation & Training systems
- History of Periodisation
- Traditional Periodisation, covering Macrocycles, Mesocycles, Microcycles
- Modern Periodisation
- Periodisation & its application based on training age and fibre dominance
- Types of training cycles, Linear, Step and Wave Cycles
- Undulating periodisation
- Conjugate periodisation
- Advanced systems
Advanced strength training techniques
- Complex training
- Wave loading
- Cluster training
Strength and Conditioning Course Duration:
- Two day intensive, theory & practical based course over 16 hour’s duration.
- 16 hours theory & practical course, including a 3 month case study. Our student must profile a client, covering, postural assessments, body composition analysis, performance testing and provide results of the findings. Our student must then develop a 3 month training plan, utilising advanced periodisation and strength training techniques that have been covered within the course, This 3 month plan must then be submitted for review.
Students who have completed our Level 1 and Level 2 courses
- Strength and Conditioning Coaches
- REPS Level 3 or 4 PT’s & BASES PT’s/ Senior Sports Coaches, who can demonstrate or provide evidence for (Assessment of prior learning) to apply for our Level 3 course.
- Military PTI’s
- Police force PT’s
- Fire department PT’s
Certification & CPD points
- A DSW Education certificate will be issued, upon successful completion of your assessments.
- 16 CPD points– to help meet your continual professional development requirements.
Strength and conditioning Course Cost
- New Customer £325.00
- Existing Customer £299.00
Strength and conditioning Course Benefits
- Each student will receive an in depth colour manual covering postural assessment and stretching, body composition analysis, performance testing and periodisation, advanced strength training techniques .
- Students will learn how to perform postural assessments
- Students will learn how to perform body composition analysis performance testing
- Students will learn how to perform and teach and deliver advanced strength training techniques.
- Students will be given an in depth overview on the application and delivery of periodisation models and program design.
- Achieve DSW Education Strength and Conditioning Level 3 certificate.
- Support & Guidance from DSW Education on your future CPD.
- Opportunity to become a member of the DSW Education National Coaching Team
- (Pending successful completion of the course and an interview with the DSW Education Management Team.)
Continual Professional Development with DSW Education.
- Automatic discount on all of DSW Education’s course solutions.