Tactical Strength and Conditioning
- Tactical Strength and Conditioning
What makes our course unique compared to other providers
- Our Tactical Strength and Conditioning Course is aimed at Military Personnel, Emergency Services & Combat athletes. Our course covers the most advanced strength & conditioning methods in the UK and is based on 6 years work which we have done with the British armed forces and 17 years of work with combat athletes. Our course also includes advanced program design, explaining how to combine bilateral and unilateral lifts and advanced strength training techniques for optimal & sustainable performance.
- Our Course is also the Only Tactical Strength and Conditioning Course in the UK that is DSW Education & REPS Accredited.
What will you learn
- Discussion on the needs analysis of a Tactical athlete or Combat athlete regarding Strength
- Sarcoplasmic vs Myofibrillar hypertrophy & Sustainability
- Strength & Power to weight ratio & the Functional athlete
- Specialist Strength, Core, Grip & CNS efficiency
- One hand Barbell Snatch
- One Hand Barbell Clean & Jerk
Advanced Strength Training
- One Hand Deadlift – Traditional & Straddle Style
- Hack Squat
- Zercher Squat
- Zercher Deadlift
- Deadlift to Zercher Squat
- 1 Leg Barbell Deadlift
- Side Press
- Pullups & Chinups Traditional, Sternum & Switch & One Arm Variations
- Functional Isometric Contractions
Grip & Core Training
- Grip drills, Supportive, Pinch & Crush Grip
- Power Wheel
- Janda Situps
- Saxon Side Bends
- Suitcase Deadlifts
- Russian Twists
- Leg Rotations
- Full Contact Twists
- Discussion on the needs analysis of a Tactical athlete or Combat athlete regarding Conditioning
- Keeping Strength, Power & Conditioning Sessions Separate
- Periodising your conditioning
- Reviewing different methods of conditioning and when to utilise them
- Practical conditioning session utilising the above approach
Practical Assessments & Results
- Marked practical assessment
Case Study assignment & Advanced Methods
- Learn how to develop, design and implement a 6 week program using the latest Strength and Conditioning methods
- Understand how to combine bilateral and unilateral lifts and advanced strength training techniques for optimal & sustainable performance.
- Discuss the requirements for your 6 week case study assignment
- Two day intensive, practical & theory based course over 16 hours duration.
- 16 hours practical course, including practical assessment and a case study assignment to be completed within 4 weeks.
- DSW Education Level 1 qualified
- Weightlifting Club Coaches
- Accredited Strength & Conditioning Coaches
- Experienced Reps Level 2 Gym Instructors
- Level 3 Advanced Personal Trainer’s
- Level 4 Exercise Specialists
- Sports coaches
- Police force PT’s
- Fire department PT’s
- Military PTI’s
Certification & CPD points
- A DSW Education certificate will be issued, upon successful completion of the practical and theory assessment.
- 16 CPD points – to help meet your continual professional development requirements.
- New Student £270.00 Plus VAT
- Existing Student £249.99 Plus VAT
- Each student will receive an in depth colour manual covering Tactical Strength and Conditioning
- Students will learn how to perform One hand Barbell Weightlifting movement patterns and advanced strength training and conditioning drills
- Students will learn how to teach One hand Barbell Weightlifting movement patterns and advanced strength training and conditioning drills
- Learn how to combine bilateral and unilateral training for optimal sports performance
- Understand how to develop and design programs using the most advanced Strength & Conditioning methods
- Students will learn how to implement programs using the most advanced Strength & Conditioning methods
- Achieve a DSW Education Strategic Strength Trainer Certificate
- Support & Guidance from DSW Education on your future CPD.
- Opportunity to become a member of the DSW Education National Coaching Team
- (Pending successful completion of the course and an interview with the DSW Education Management Team.)
Continual Professional Development with DSW Education.
- Automatic discount on further courses