- Callisthenics training course Level 1
What makes our course unique compared to other providers
- Our Callisthenics training course is aimed at any one involved with in an exercise program, whether from a health, wellness or fitness spectrum. It is also suitable for Military Personnel, Emergency Services & Combat athletes where relative bodyweight strength and optimal movement is applicable. Our course covers the most advanced bodyweight strength & conditioning methods in the UK and is based on 10 years of working with professional athletes, military personnel and those recovering from injury or illness where bodyweight training was key to their recovery and achieving optimal performance. Our course covers the biomechanical principles involved with in bodyweight training, and how to effectively apply the training techniques for optimal & sustainable performance.
What will you learn
- Discussion on the needs analysis of understanding movement and the biomechanical principles involved in building coordinative movement
- The 4 Pillars: Achieving a common movement standard
- Qualitative movement analysis
- Coordinated movement – Universal movement patterns
- Essential components to consider in bodyweight training
- Mobility, flexibility & stability
- Practical session
- Foundational bodyweight forms
- Discussion on the needs analysis of understanding and applying structured coordinative movement
- Practical session
- Fundamental bodyweight movement patterns
- Basic Integrated callisthenic movements
- Floor based
- Basic deliberate movement patterns
Case Study assignment
- Learn how to develop, design and implement a bodyweight training program to assist with the performance outcomes of an individual. Understand how to combine foundational movement forms, fundamental callisthenic movements and deliberate movement pattern training techniques for optimal & sustainable performance.
- Discuss the requirements for a case study assignment
- Two day intensive, practical & theory based course over 16 hours duration.
- 16 hours practical course, including practical assessment and a case study assignment to be completed within 4 weeks.
- Accredited Strength & Conditioning Coaches
- Experienced CIMSPA Level 2 Gym Instructors
- Level 3 Advanced Personal Trainer’s
- Level 4 Exercise Specialists
- Sports coaches
- Police force PT’s
- Fire department PT’s
- Military PTI’s
Certification & CPD points
- A DSW Education certificate will be issued, upon successful completion of the practical and theory assessment.
- 16 CPD points – to help meet your continual professional development requirements.
- New Student £325.00
- Existing Student £299.00
- Each student will receive an in depth colour manual covering Callisthenics training, biomechanical principles and training applications.
- Perform basic body conditioning forms and understand their application in more complex movement.
- Perform foundational callisthenic movement and learn apply the skills directly into everyday movement and specific strength and conditioning practices.
- Encourage a strong movement foundation based upon fundamental movement patterns and body conditioning forms.
- Build up a resilience to unnecessary MSK injury and/or movement dysfunction.
- Allow the neuromuscular system to perform more efficiently across broad domains.
- Install a mechanism to allow an individual to move across common and uncommon movement patterns, under the condition of load, fatigue and stress.
- Achieve a DSW Education Callisthenics Trainer Certificate
- Support & Guidance from DSW Education on your future CPD.